Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April News

Well hello again readers! I thought I should write a quick post to let you all know what is happening with my writing.

A few months ago my husband and I discovered that I am pregnant with our first child! Baby is about 19 weeks along and is due August 26. We don't know yet if we're having a boy or a girl. As a result of this wonderful new development in my life, much of my writing has moved to the back burner. Due to the slowness of progress being made on all my writing projects there are 3 things of which you should be aware.

1. Quest 2: Penumbra will most likely not be released this summer as I first announced. I do have a draft of the book completed but I just haven't gotten the time to sit down and give it all the edits and rewrites it needs. I will announce a new release date once I have a chance to look it over and determine how much work remains to be done on it.

2. It may take me longer than planned to post episodes for the new series of short stories I hoped to begin here on the blog after finishing the Silver Sword Saga. Continue to watch for updates on this one, though, since if I do find a few minutes to sit down and write I may be able to complete a few short blog length stories.

3. I have not started any new projects. This may be more due to mental distraction, however, since I've had plenty of times when I've been busy but still had ideas for stories to write once I got the chance. At the moment all my story ideas seem to be coming together very slowly and are not fully formed enough to be full projects. Again, this may change in a couple months so watch for updates.

I apologize if you are disappointed that there is not much new to read here. Please understand that even writers have lives outside their stories and sometimes we just get busy. If you are dying for something new to reading try heading over to the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award site and downloading the first couple chapters of one of the books that made it to the quarter or semi-final rounds. There are lots of great writers there who would love to have your support.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment